Monday 8 September 2014

Reasons to be cheerful

My last blog post was a bit sad.

I was really struggling with my little girl starting school.

As it turns out, she's coped really well and I've coped better than I thought I would. She seems to be relishing this new stage in her life.

So I've decided to focus on the positives.

Reasons to be cheerful:

* The weather has been beautiful over the past few days.

* We spent the weekend camping at Woodlands in Devon. We had a blast. The water slides gave me a much-needed adrenaline rush & perked me up no end.

* Sleeping in the tent next to my daughter and looking at her beautiful face whilst she slept.

* Listening to owls too-wooing whilst we lay under canvas.

* Mowing the lawn today and smelling fresh cut grass...one of the best smells ever.

* Drinking tea on our bench in the September sunshine.

* Looking forward to seeing my girl at the end of the school day. I'm so proud of her & how well she is coping with school.

* Picking the last of the ripening home-grown tomatoes...I wait all Summer for this moment, nothing beats home-grown tomatoes. The photos you see here feature my Grandmother's crimson read, vintage Pyrex dish. I love this bright red dish, goes to show that Pyrex doesn't just have to be plain glass!

I'm linking up with the @Manneskjur "How does your garden grow" blog link #HDYGG

Manneskjur

I'm also linking up with Vintage Bliss Tuesdays

womaninreallife.com

3 comments:

Mammasaurus said...

Homegrown tomatoes always make me happy - not only do they taste awesome but they are such a happy colour!
Sorry to hear that you found the starting school thing hard. I struggled last year when Ozzy started, my last 'baby' off to school- things felt really odd without him. But of course soon I saw him thriving and loving it so much that I ended up feeling really happy x

Me, You and Magoo said...

I think we do need to focus on their reaction to school & not focus too much on the feelings of loss we feel as Mums...my daughter is taking it all in her stride & loving school, so that's making me feel much better!

JoKnows said...

I'm so glad your daughter is enjoying school! Your camping weekend sounds lovely. I love your red bowl. Thanks for linking up at Vintage Bliss Tuesdays on Woman in Real Life. The next party starts tomorrow. Hope you can join us! ;) Jo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails